- Hints and tips on helping your child get the most out ICC Sportee Cricket!
- A complete breakdown of your child’s performance on the site – allowing you to track their educational progress!
- See exactly where your child’s strengths and weaknesses lie!
- Recommended games for your child to play - enhance your child’s knowledge where it counts!
- Our unique parental “award system”. Reward your child with motivational virtual goodies on the press of a button!
- Featuring commentary from Sky Sports cricket presenter Charles Colvile!
- Featuring motivational messages from the world’s No. 1 batsman AB de Villiers!
- REGISTER NOW!
…Things people are saying about Sportee Cricket:
“I fully support the way in which ICC Sportee Cricket aims to inspire learning in young people from every type of background and environment.”
AB de Villiers, Legendary South African batsman
“The ICC is very excited by the potential of this new web site to inspire academic learning. Cricket is a big part of hundreds of millions of children’s lives across the globe and we see ICC Sportee Cricket as a valuable way of connecting educationally with these young people through innovative use of technology. We are confident that ICC Sportee Cricket will inspire many thousands of children to gain life-enhancing knowledge through their love of cricket.”
Haroon Lorgat, International Cricket Council (ICC) Chief Executive
“Advances in technology mean that more and more children spend time on the Internet playing games. Our aim is to encourage constructive use of this recreational time to boost educational growth, improve access to health information, and motivate increases in general physical activity.”
Phil Clegg, Founder of Sportee Cricket
The Parents Section – how will it work?
The “Parents” section of ICC Sportee Cricket is coming very soon! To find out how it will work and for an explanation of the educational and safety strengths of the site, read on!
- ICC Sportee Cricket is an exciting new free online educational resource linked to your child’s school curriculum. It has been designed to use children’s love of cricket and online gaming to help them learn valuable skills whilst having fun. It is also an exceptionally safe online environment that you can trust.
- ICC Sportee Cricket supports learning in mathematics, language, science, geography, and history - as well as helping to develop skills in cross-curricular competences such as nutrition, citizenship, teamwork, and digital literacy.
- The site takes the form of an online virtual world packed with games, fun things to do and a variety of locations to explore. The adventurous and highly interactive nature of the experience means that the educational aspects of the site are unusually entertaining and rewarding.
- Using the site with your child is likely to be particularly beneficial to them. Studies have shown that parental involvement and focused interest in a child’s educational experiences can have a very positive effect.
- The educational games in ICC Sportee Cricket are particularly useful and rewarding for children who may lack the confidence to assertively answer questions in a classroom setting. If they make a mistake there is no one to laugh or criticise, and they can always have another go. Give plenty of encouragement to your child, and it is likely that they will find using the site a very valuable experience.
The importance of online safety for children cannot be overstated and we take this issue exceptionally seriously. To ensure safety, we have implemented a system which does not allow users to free type to each other unless they already know each other’s email addresses (e.g. they are already friends in the real world). This means that your child cannot exchange specific personal information with a stranger in ICC Sportee Cricket.
To explain further: standard (non real world friend) users are still able to communicate with each other in-game – but they can only do so through an innocuous set of preset short phrases we have created – all of which are limited to game content or simple greetings. Therefore, as email address information cannot ever be communicated in game between standard users - strangers are completely unable to send free type messages to each other (at any time). This strong and elegant core safety mechanic therefore eliminates any risk of inappropriate exchanges of information or bullying.
Additional Safety Systems
Despite the overarching and extremely strong effectiveness of the core safety mechanic detailed above, we have added additional layers of child protection to further ensure a pleasant and safe experience for all users. These include automated swear filters and a panic button to alert the development team to any inappropriate behaviour.
No one takes online security more seriously than we do - so your child can enjoy themselves on ICC Sportee Cricket and you can relax in the knowledge that they are safe.
Results / Rewards
An important element of helping your child with their education is being able to identify where their strengths and weaknesses lie, so that you can help them correctly focus their efforts. In the forthcoming Results section of the Parents area you will be able to see your child’s progress with results broken down by subject and topic, you will also be able to see what games they have played - and their scores for each game.
ICC Sportee Cricket also automatically recommends games to help improve your child’s academic score. You are able to revisit specific educational content as many times as you like in order to reinforce learning and identify improvements in performance.
Another exciting forthcoming feature is that you will be able to reward your child with virtual ICC Sportee items for good behaviour, for example: an improved educational performance or participation in sport or physical exercise.
Get this as a pdf
If you would like us to inform you by email when the Parents section of ICC Sportee Cricket goes live – simply register now, or send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Parents Section” and we will contact you when the time arrives.